Letter of appointmentLetter of appointment is a written offer provided to the candidates which states that person is being selected by the company for the specific position. It is issued to the candidates who have been selected in the company after undergoing necessary procedure like interview, documentation, verification. The letter of appointment has the complete information about the candidate’s selection for the desired position, his/her designation, remunerations and other necessary information. Find below some Example, Sample and format of writing Letter of Appointment-
Name of the employee
Dear (First name),
With reference to the discussions you have had with us, we are pleased to appoint you as “_______” for our Group companies on the following terms and conditions:
- You will be paid a consolidated amount of UGX ______________only) per annum.
- The above consolidated amount will consist of the following:
- a) UGX. _________ per annum as fixed pay, and
- b) UGX. _________ per annum as variable pay which is linked to your performance and that of the company.
- This appointment is for a period of two years effective date of your joining and may be renewed on a mutual basis. This arrangement is with effect from _______ and will be valid for a period of _______years/s.
- In this capacity, you will be located at ____ and will report to _______ or any other person nominated by the company. However, your services could be transferred to any other Departments/Divisions of the Company. Notwithstanding your appointment in this company, your services could be reassigned to any other company of the (Organization Name) Group.
- You may also be assigned such other duties as may become necessary at (Organization Name) at the discretion of the Management in any Branch or office of the Company and/ or its Subsidiaries or Associate Companies.
- You will be eligible for 21 days leave pro-rated per calendar year. However, leave will be allowed subject to exigencies of work.
- You will be provided comprehensive Accident/ Medical Health Insurance for you and your spouse.
- It is clarified that in addition to the above, you will not be entitled to any other benefits.
- This appointment can be terminated by giving three-month notice on either side or payment in lieu of shortfall in this notice period.
- You shall observe all rules and regulations of the company.
- During the tenure of the assignment with the company, you will not engage yourself in any other assignments or gainful employment without consent of the management.
- You are required to maintain the highest order of secrecy with regards to the work or confidential information of the Company and/ or its subsidiaries or Associate Companies and in case of any breach of trust, your appointment may be terminated by the Company without any notice.
- The Company lays emphasis on all statutory compliances and you should ensure compliance with various statues in your area of operations.
Kindly sign a copy of this letter in acceptance of the above mentioned terms and conditions and return the same for our records.
Name of Business Head
FOR SENIOR /MIDDLE/JUNIOR MANAGEMENT
Name of the employee
Dear (First name of the employee),
This has reference to the discussions you had with us. We are pleased to offer you the position of “_________________” at level ___________in the management cadre of our Company, on the following terms and conditions:
- Basic Salary: Shs. _________/- (Shillings ______ only) per annum. You will be entitled to further review of your compensation as per the company practice. This will be linked to your performance and will be at the discretion of the management.
- H.R.A. / Accommodation: 60% of your basic salary will be paid to you as house rent allowance. If you are provided a company accommodation, the same will be regulated by the relevant policy, for which you may refer our Company Leased Accommodation (C.L.A.) policy on our ___________ site.
- Special Allowance: Shs. _________/- (Shillings ______ only) per annum.
- Food Coupons: You will be entitled to food coupons worth Shs. _____/- per month. You may choose to opt out of this, for which you need to indicate your choice to your HR manager. For details where these coupons are applicable, you may refer our directory on our_______site
- Leave Travel Assistance: Shs. ___________/-(Shillings _______ only) per annum for each completed year of service as per the rules, payable on a yearly basis.
- Domiciliary Medical Expenses: Shs. __________ (Shillings ________ only) per annum for each completed year of service as per the rules, payable on a monthly basis.
- Hospitalization: You would be covered under the Company´s Hospitalization scheme. For details you may refer our Hospitalization policy on our ________site.
- Provident Fund: The Company will contribute 12% of your basic salary towards Provident Fund. Similar deduction will be made from your salary.
- Superannuation: If you indicate specific desire to do so, the Company will contribute 15 % of your basic salary per annum towards superannuation fund till you attain the age of 58 years. The benefits of this contribution will be made applicable to you, totally in accordance with the terms of the scheme. Please refer to Mr. _______ for further information on our Company Superannuation Program.
- Gratuity: You will be entitled to an equivalent of 15 days of your last salary drawn for every completed year of service as per the terms of the scheme, subject to a maximum of Shs._________/- (Eligibility after 5 years of completed service).
- Corporate Attire: You will have a choice to select corporate attire worth Shs. ________/- from the options provided by the Company every year. If you indicate your desire to opt for this scheme, the Company will contribute 50% of this amount and the balance will be deducted from your salary. For more details, you can refer our Corporate Attire Policy on our _________site.
- a) This order of appointment can be terminated on either side by giving three months´ notice or payment of salary (basic) in lieu thereof.
- b) The Company reserves the right to terminate your services without assigning any specific reason whatsoever for such termination by giving you a 3 months´ notice in writing or an equivalent of three months´ salary in lieu thereof.
- c) The Company also reserves the right to terminate your services without any notice or salary in lieu thereof on the grounds of misconduct, or even in the case of reasonable suspicion of misconduct, disloyalty, commission of any act involving moral turpitude, or any act of indiscipline or inefficiency or for loss of confidence.
- Initially, you will be posted at ___________ and report to ___________or any other person nominated by the company. However, your services could be transferred to any other Departments / Divisions / Factories of the Company, anywhere in India. Notwithstanding your initial appointment in this Company, your services may be assigned by the Company to any other Company of the (Organization Name) Group. You may also be assigned such other duties as may become (Organization Name) at the discretion of the Management in any Branch or Office of the Company and/or its subsidiaries or to any of its other Associate Companies.
- This appointment is subject to your being medically examined and found fit. The Management has the right to get you medically examined by any qualified medical practitioner during the tenure of your service. In case you are found medically unfit to continue with the assignment for which you have been employed, you will lose your lien on the job.
- This appointment is also subject to a satisfactory report from your former employers, based on the references given by you.
- You will automatically retire from the service of the Company on attaining the superannuating age of 58 years. You will be expected to provide acceptable evidence of your date of birth at the time of joining the company.
- All other standard and general rules, practices and policies of the Company as existing now and which may be amended from time to time will be applicable to you and you will be expected to abide by the same.
- In the event of the State/Central Government enacting any law conferring the same or similar benefits as extended to you under this letter, you would be entitled to such benefits which are more beneficial of the two, but not both. This shall be at the discretion of the management.
- You are required at all times to maintain the highest order of discipline and secrecy as regards the work of the Company and/or its Subsidiaries or Associate Companies, in case of any breach of discipline/trust, your services may be terminated by the company with immediate effect. You are also required to sign the Secrecy Agreement upon your joining. All inventions, improvements, discoveries made by you either alone or with other persons, will become the sole property of the company. You will ensure that patent protections are obtained for such inventions/improvements and discoveries in India or elsewhere and assign the same to the company.
- You are required to devote your total attention and abilities exclusively for the business of the Company. You will respect, obey and conform to all the regulations from time to time framed and issued by the Company and made applicable to you. You shall not, while in the employment of the Company, be engaged in any other employment, conduct business whatsoever or hold any office of profit or accept any other emoluments without previous consent in writing of the Company. Breach of this condition could lead to immediate termination without notice.
- During the course of your employment and if the nature of your business so requires, the Company may send you for specialized training within India or overseas in order to enable you to perform more effectively. In such an event you will be required to execute a training bond with the Company.
- This offer of employment is based on the information furnished in your application for employment. If, at any time in future, it comes to the knowledge of the management that any of this information is incorrect or any relevant information has been withheld then your employment based on this letter of appointment is liable to be terminated without notice or any compensation in lieu thereof.
- The emoluments/benefits due to you will be liable/subject to tax in accordance with the provisions of the Income Tax Act and Rules made there under as also other applicable laws, if any, as may be in force from time to time.
- The Company lays emphasis on all statutory compliances and you should ensure compliance with various statutes in your area of operations including Insider Trading Regulations.
- Your appointment is with effect from the date of joining, which should in any case be not later than ___________.
Kindly sign the copy of this letter indicating your acceptance of the above terms and conditions of this appointment and return the same to us.
Whilst welcoming you to the (Organization Name) Group, we wish you good luck and a very bright career with us.
Name of the Business Leader
Name of the employee
Further to the interview you had with us, we are pleased to appoint you as ________ Trainee in our Company. The terms and conditions governing your training are given below:-
- Training period
You will be on training for a period of 12 months effective date of starting of this program, which will be indicated to you.
- Consolidated Stipend
A sum of Rs. _________/- (Rupees _____________ only) per month will be paid to you as stipend. You will not be entitled to any other benefits, apart from the above.
- Notice period during training
The Company reserves the right to terminate services of trainees on grounds of misconduct or breach of the terms and conditions of the Undertaking to be furnished by the trainee as per clause 6 of this letter and / or violation of any rules and regulations or standing orders of the Company by giving seven calendar days notice or upon payment of stipend in lieu thereof.
Initially you will be posted at _______. However during this period of training, you can be transferred to any other department/division of the company, anywhere in India or overseas. You may also be assigned such other duties as may be (Organization Name) at the discretion of the management, in any branch or office of the company and/or its subsidiaries or associate companies.
- You will be required to sign an Undertaking-cum-Indemnity Bond / Agreement on joining.
- This appointment is subject to:
- Your having secured a certificate of completion as declared by your Institution / University.
b. Your being examined & found medically fit. (Please have yourself medically examined by a general physician, as per the standard examination list enclosed and if referred further by any specialist. The same would have to be filled in and certified by the physician and sent to us directly by _____ (date). The fees incurred for the same would be reimbursed on you joining).
- Your performance will be reviewed periodically during the training period. If your performance does not meet with the requirements of the training program, your training period would be extended by a maximum of six months with an interim review after three months.
- On successful completion of training, based on your performance during and at the end of the training period, you will be confirmed in the services of the Company in the appropriate cadre depending on suitable openings.
- You are required to maintain the highest order of discipline and secrecy as regards the work of the company and/or its subsidiaries or associate companies and in case of any breach of discipline/trust, your services may be terminated by the company with immediate effect. You will also be required to sign the Secrecy Agreement on your joining.
- You will also be governed by the standard terms and conditions applicable to the managerial cadre of the company as existing now and as may be amended from time to time.
- Should there be a need for any modification in one or more benefits extended to you through this letter, by way of enactment of any law by the appropriate State/Central Government, you would be entitled to the higher of the benefit(s) but not both.
- This appointment has been made based on the information furnished in your application for employment and subsequent interviews. If, at any time in future, it comes to light that any of the information is incorrect or any relevant information has been withheld, then your employment is liable to be terminated without notice.
- Your appointment is with effect from __________
Kindly sign the copy of this letter indicating your acceptance of the above terms and conditions of this appointment and return the same to us. Whilst welcoming you to the (Organization Name) Group, we wish you good luck and a very bright career with us.
Name of the Business Leader
BDEL/ _______ / 20___-___
Name of the employee
Sub: Appointment as ________(DESIGNATION)
It has been decided to appoint you in the post of Manager (at the basic of Rs.______/- p.m. on the following terms and conditions:
1) Basic Pay: Your starting basic pay will be fixed at Ugsh. _____/- per month in the pay scale of − Ugsh_________.
- a) House Allowance: Payable at the rate of _____% of the basic pay.
- b) Children Educational Allowance − Ugsh.________ /- per month.
- c) Meal/Lunch Subsidy − Ugsh.________/- per day (For the number of days present)
- d) One gift/ gift voucher (not convertible into cash) per year for value not exceeding Rs.________/-.
- e) Professional Up gradation Allowance Rs ________/- per year.
- f) LTC/LFC Ugsh. ________ /- per year.
2) Mobile Telephone − Payment of rent and usage for the official calls with a facility for one additional local number of choice which will be paid by the company on submission of bills in the manner as may be required by the company or Ugsh. _______/- towards prepaid card facility.
3) Provident Fund: You will be required to contribute to the Provident Fund in accordance with the Provident Fund Regulations, in force in accordance with the Employees´ Provident Fund and Miscellaneous Provisions Act, 1952. The rate of your contribution is 12% of the basic pay presently.
4) Probation and Confirmation: You will be on probation for a period of six months (extendable upto one year at the discretion of the Company) from the date of your appointment. You will be considered for confirmation in the Company´s service if the Company is satisfied with reference to your overall work/performance and conduct during the period of probation. During the first month of your probationary period, you shall be liable to be discharged without assigning any reasons at one day´s notice or pay in lieu thereof and thereafter at one month´s notice or pay in lieu thereof from either side.
5) Posting and Liability for Transfer: Initially you shall report for appointment at Mumbai and thereafter your place of posting would be decided based on the need of the Company. Your services in the Company are transferable anywhere in India/ abroad and you shall serve the Company and all the conditions of your employment with your employment in the company in its business in such capacity and at such place as you may from time to time be directed.
6) You will be governed by the Company´s Rules relating to conduct, discipline and all the conditions of employment etc. that are applicable or may become applicable from time to time to the employees of the Company.
7) You should produce sufficient proof of date of birth and educational qualifications (i.e. original mark lists & certificates alongwith photo copies thereof).
8) This appointment is subject to you being medically found fit for the aforesaid appointment by the Company for which you will have to undergo a medical checkup as decided by the Company and the decision of the Company on the Name of the Doctor/ Venue and the medical report will be final. A separate communication is being sent to you by the undersigned.
9) Your continuation of appointment will be subject to your furnishing such other information as the Company may require from time to time and subject to your services being acceptable in the light of the information furnished and documents provided from time to time.
10) If any declaration, statement or information given by you is at any time found to be false or untrue, or if any material information is suppressed, your services are liable to be terminated forthwith without any notice or compensation in lieu thereof.
11) If after you join the Company´s service, it comes to the notice of the Company that you had prior to joining the Company´s services committed any act of misconduct, your services are liable to be terminated forthwith without any notice or compensation in lieu thereof, or if your services are not so terminated, you shall be liable to disciplinary measures and any penalty that may be imposed by the Management.
12) No traveling allowance will be paid to you on account of your journey undertaken for joining the services of the company for this appointment.
13) Be it clearly understood that no benefit of past service or any other similar benefit of any previous employment, in whatever form & manner it may be, shall be available to you in this employment being offered pursuant to this letter.
If the above terms and conditions are acceptable to you, please return the duplicate of this letter duly signed in token of your acknowledgement and having accepted all the terms and conditions mentioned herein. You are also advised to report for appointment at the Company´s Office address not later than _______(DATE).
If we do not receive your acceptance on this letter of appointment before __________(DATE OF JOINING), it will be construed that you are not interested in accepting this offer and the same shall stand automatically withdrawn, without any further reference to you. Similarly, if you do not report for duty by the aforesaid date _________(DATE OF JOINING), it will be construed that you are not interested in accepting this offer and the same shall stand automatically withdrawn, without any further reference to you.
I wish you all the very best and wish all success in your tenure with the company.
Designation: (HR & ADMIN.)